How can I make a dentist pay for surgery that I need because he screwed up?

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I make a dentist pay for surgery that I need because he screwed up?

I went to a dentist and he accidentlly pushed the root of my tooth up into my nasal cavity. He admitted it was his mistake and sent me to an oral surgeon. I was told by that surgen that this was major and needed to be done immediatley but it was out of his range and would need to be done in the hospitol; I was given a surgery date with another surgeon, however they are giving me payment options now as it does not appear that the original dentist that caused this problem is going to pay for anything.

Asked on September 3, 2012 under Malpractice Law, Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written about where you need surgery to repair the damage that a dentist caused you, you need to immediately go to an attorney that practices in the area of dental malpractice law to see what legal recourse you may have. If the medical malpractice attorney believes that factually you have a legal basis for a malpractic action against the dentist, he or she may be able to get the surgery provided for you where there would be a lien on any medical malpractice action that you may have.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption