What to do if I wasn’t able to complete my community service because of a death in family and my 12 hour job?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I wasn’t able to complete my community service because of a death in family and my 12 hour job?

The charge was from when I was under 21. I’m 24 now and they are just bringing it up. Now they are talking about bench warrants and things like that. I can’t lose my job nor lose my life to a minor charge like minor possession of alcohol. Which happened years ago literally. I asked for an extension for community service which their not willing to do. What do I need to do?

Asked on December 15, 2015 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Warrants do not expire. you will need to go back to the court in question and turn yourself in. Under the circumstances jail time will most probably not come into play, although it might. You will also be facing fnes and further community service. At this point, you really should consult directly with an attorney local to where all of this took place. They can best udvise you further as to your situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption