How can I could obtain my I-94 because I have lost it?

UPDATED: Jun 28, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 28, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I could obtain my I-94 because I have lost it?

I was wondering how I could obtain my I-94 because I have lost it. My dad said he went to a local USCIS office and said they were not able to find it. So I wanted to know what options I could explore to obtain it since it is required for the green card application?

Asked on June 28, 2012 under Immigration Law, New Jersey


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

There are different options to replace it. The normal way is to file an I-102.

You can also file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), form G639 if you do not have any proof of your entry.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption