What are my rights if I was the victim of a car accident but have a revoked license out of another state?

UPDATED: Apr 18, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 18, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I was the victim of a car accident but have a revoked license out of another state?

I was broadsided; the accident report states that it was clearly the other driver’s fault. The accident was only a week and a half ago and I have already paid out of pocket to fix the truck. My knee is injured and I would like to know what my rights are regarding this matter?

Asked on April 18, 2012 under Personal Injury, Minnesota


Robert Slim / Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You need to contact a personal injury lawyer who specializes in car accident cases.  The fact that you did not have a drivers license at the time of the accident is irrelevant.  However, it might cause the insurance adjuster to give you a difficult time during the claim process.  Additionally, because this sounds like an intersection accident, that can become a further problem since people tend to change their stories in those types of accidents.

I can be reached at (214) 321-8225 for a FREE consultation, or visit my website www.RCSLawFirm.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption