What can I do if I was terminated on the grounds of cheating my ex-employer but it did not show any proof in support of those allegations?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I was terminated on the grounds of cheating my ex-employer but it did not show any proof in support of those allegations?

They simply handed over me termination letter stating the reasons of termination but did not show any proof in support of those reasons. It was a plane allegations and quite sudden and unexpected. I worked for them for 1.10 years. Now, I am asking for my full and final settlement and experience letter but CEO is denying to not give any letter and clearance. What actions I can take? I did not do any wrong.

Asked on November 2, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Alaska


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Does this action violate the terms of any applicable union agreement or employment contract? Is your treatment the result of some form of legally actionable discrimination? If not, then your ex-employer has probably done nothing for which you have legal recourse. The fact is that most employment is "at will". This means that a company can set the conditions of employment much as it sees fit. This includes terminating an employee for any reason or no reason at all. So for example, in your case based upon the limited facts presented, it appears that your former employer need not have supplied proof of the allegations made against you nor need have provided you with an experience letter. That having been said, if you did not receive your full settlement (I assume this means money owed to you), regardless of the reason for your discharge you must be paid for all time worked. At this point, you may want to consult with an employment law attorney who can best advise you after reveiwing all of the details of your situation. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption