I was suspended from my job

UPDATED: Feb 3, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 3, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was suspended from my job

I was suspended from my jb on a
count of my background check,it
stated that I had an fenloy
warrent which I do not can I see
the company that I had worked for
or the company that did the
background check,I found out by
calling the court house and the
sheriff’s that no such thiappears
what should I do can I see,?

Asked on February 3, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, Indiana


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the company that did the background check for negligence. Negligence is the failure to exercise due care (that degree of care that a reasonable background check company would have exercised under the same or similar circumstances to prevent foreseeable harm). Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) would be lost wages for being suspended.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption