I was summoned to answer third party complaint of the third party of the plantiff

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was summoned to answer third party complaint of the third party of the plantiff

I was driving my company car for my company
during working hours. I was traveling across
the Whitestone bridge toll and was struck by a
flatbed tow truck entering my lane. The car was
brand new and belonged to the company I
worked for. The tow truck diver company sent
me a third party complaint of the third party
plaintiffs. I dont know what to do. Part of the
complaint suggest the car was mine and not
my company

Asked on February 16, 2018 under Accident Law, New York


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Refer the matter to your employer's insurance carrier and your employer. Your employer's insurance carrier will provide you with an attorney at no cost to you. That attorney will file an answer to the complaint (lawsuit), which must be filed with the court prior to the deadline in the summons.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption