I was sexually assaulted

UPDATED: Jun 16, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was sexually assaulted

the police are involved and I was told the person has done this before in 99. He was on the job at the time I was recieving a public transportation ride with him and the woman I take care of. What should I do?

Asked on June 16, 2009 under Criminal Law, Massachusetts


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If the police are involved, it means you've reported this incident to the authorities.  That's good from a criminal standpoint.  Now you should contact a civil attorney about a lawsuit.  If he was working for public transportation a background check should have turned up his previous offense and he most probably should not have been hired.   

From an emotional point of view, possibly you should consider counseling of some sort.  There are many woman's groups out there that can recommend counselors that handle these type situations. 

Best of luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption