What to do if I was recently just hit from the back while stopped at a red light,due to the driver being on the phone?

UPDATED: Sep 24, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 24, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was recently just hit from the back while stopped at a red light,due to the driver being on the phone?

It was me, my 16, 14, 4 and my 11 month old children in the truck. I want to know what do you do when your kids no longer need medical attention but you do? And why do they just offer $300 for my kids when things can show up later in life?

Asked on September 24, 2014 under Personal Injury, Virginia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It sounds as if you have been in contact and negotiations with the insurance company of the car that hit you.  If you are being treated and your children were injured (and you as well) then it may be in your best interests to consult with an attorney on the matter.  Your children can indeed wait until majority before the statute of limitations begins to run on their claim but then you could have a causation issue.  Please speak with some one. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption