What to do if I was pulled over for my license plate not being illuminated and was in possession of meth?

UPDATED: Aug 4, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 4, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was pulled over for my license plate not being illuminated and was in possession of meth?

The officer did not arrest me. He seized the drugs and told me to call him later in the week and we could meet and talk; he would not turn the citation in until he had spoken with me. When I met with the officer he was accompanied by another officer. I was told that if I worked for them and wear a wire that he would not turn my citation in and I would not be charged with any crimes. Is this even legal or am I being fooled by these officers?

Asked on August 4, 2013 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Please go and speak with an attorney as soon as you can.  It is really difficult to tell what is going on here and if they are on the up and up.  But Generally speaking they can not just NOT report a crime and this sounds kind of fishy to me. Please, get help. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption