What are my rights if I was on litium carbonate for over 30 years and now have stage 4 kidney disese?

UPDATED: Jan 15, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 15, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I was on litium carbonate for over 30 years and now have stage 4 kidney disese?

When my MD saw kidney damage might be a issue he sent me to a kidney doctor. I was taken off lithium right away after seeing the kidney doctor. Do I have a case to get my my medical issue with kidneys then care ofor. The MD could have put me on other medicine but would not do it. Can I get the doctor to pay for my fu ture treatmenthe like dialysis or needed transplant. Note MD ran yearly blood tests so he knew kidneys were failing.

Asked on January 15, 2015 under Malpractice Law, Massachusetts


Michael Jacobs / McGowan & Jacobs, LLC

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Additional information would be needed regarding your blood tests.  Ultimately, any malpractice action needs to be supported by the opinion of a physician that it was below the standard of care to continue you on the lithium given your blood results and that the lithium caused the kidney damage.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption