What to do if I was involved in an accident on my bicycle?

UPDATED: Jul 22, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 22, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was involved in an accident on my bicycle?

I was crossing a street through a yellow light and while I was still in the crosswalk my light turned red and the drivers light turned green. he accelerated quickly and I hit the driver front side of his car and flew over my handlebars landed on the hood then flew off the hood and landed in the middle of the intersection. I ended up with a broken collar bone on my right side. I’m a 24 year old server for a catering company and cannot work with my injury. I do not want to ruin the drivers life with all this but need something to get by during my recovery period.

Asked on July 22, 2013 under Personal Injury, California


Christopher Earley / Law Office of Christopher Earley

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor


Sorry to hear your accident.  Have you signed anything given to you by an insurance company?  Without knowing more it is difficult to know where your claim stands.  You are not going to ruin the driver or his life.  He likely has insurance to cover losses such as yours.  Check out my blog which will answer all your questions: injurylawyerboston.com.

Chris Earley

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption