What to do if I was involved in a rear-end collision last year for which I was not at fault?

UPDATED: Mar 15, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 15, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was involved in a rear-end collision last year for which I was not at fault?

I was 0% at fault. The insurance company for the other party called me February of this year to come to a settlement. The person and I verbally agreed on $700. They faxed over the release form, but on the release from the amount was $7,000, not $700. In the release, it states “In the sole consideration of $7,000” I will release my waiver and so on. I signed the paper, faxed it back to the insurance company. A week later, I get a mail from them, but this time it’s for $700. Is there anything I can do to receive the $7,000 which I signed my release to?

Asked on March 15, 2013 under Accident Law, California


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You cannot get $7000. You agreed to $700 and obviously it was a mistake to put $7000 in there. You know that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption