What are my rights if I was injured 3 months ago on my school’s softball fields during an IM softball game?

UPDATED: Jan 8, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 8, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I was injured 3 months ago on my school’s softball fields during an IM softball game?

The IM leagues are through the university and the fields we play on need to be approved for safety before we can play. Needless to say, the fields were cleared for safe play even though they were muddy beyond safety standards. I have an incident report form that says the field was unsafe and that the IM league was aware of these conditions and still cleared the field anyway and that they were at fault. Do I have a case?

Asked on January 8, 2014 under Personal Injury, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about you may have a case for personal injury damages resulting from unsafe field conditions. I suggest that you consult with a personal injury attorney in your locality sooner rather than later to see what your legal recourse is. One can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption