What to do if I was injured in a tub fall at a large hotel chain 1 1/2 years ago?

UPDATED: Feb 8, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 8, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was injured in a tub fall at a large hotel chain 1 1/2 years ago?

I have emails to/from the manager regarding it. Can I still pursue legal action regarding it or is it too late?

Asked on February 8, 2014 under Personal Injury, Florida


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The statute of limitations for slip-and-fall accidents varies from state to state.  Here in Arizona it is two years.  In Florida, it is four years.  So you still have time.  The problem is -- Do you have negligence?  Just because you were injured in a tub in a hotel does not make the hotel liable for your damages.  There has to have been some negligence on the part of the hotel.  If you have that, get with a personal injury attorney who will represent you on a contingency basis.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption