How do I get my mileage reimbursement from my employer?

UPDATED: Sep 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get my mileage reimbursement from my employer?

I was informed at the beginning of last month that my weekly mileage reimbursement would only be paid to me once monthly. After 4 weeks of turning in mileage sheets I should have been paid on the 1st. of this month. Well needless to say I keep getting the run around as to why it’s not been paid yet. Is there something I should do? Thanks to them, I won’t be able to make my health insurance payment and can’t afford the gas I need to actually do my job.

Asked on September 4, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Iowa


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I would speak with your supervisor or your human resources department first as to why you have not been paid for your mileage reimbursement as represented. Possibly the sheets may have been lost or misplaced. The best person to ask is the person who collected the reimbursement sheet from you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption