What will happen if a friend was driving and she hit 2 pedestrians but her name is not on her family’s insurance?

UPDATED: May 31, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 31, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen if a friend was driving and she hit 2 pedestrians but her name is not on her family’s insurance?

My friend and I are both 17. She was driving and for some reason didn’t realize how close she was to 2 old women crossing the street. The passenger side of her car hit one old women, who toppled over her friend. They could not get up on their own and they were taken to the hospital. We waited for the cops to come and gave a police report. What is going to happen?

Asked on May 31, 2012 under Accident Law, New York


david slater / david p.slater, esq.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

As long as she was driving with permission, she is covered.  If her parents knew she was driving, she had permission.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption