If I was in a car accident 2 weeks ago,what should I do?

UPDATED: Mar 17, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 17, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was in a car accident 2 weeks ago,what should I do?

I was hit while I was making a left turn on a green light. This girl lied and said that I was making a right turn. Her insurance will not paid for me car to get fixed. My insurer recommended that I use my insurance and pay a $250 deductible to get my car fixed first. Then once her insurer believes that it’s her fault, they will reimburse me back.

Asked on March 17, 2013 under Accident Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about I would pay the $250.00 deductible to get your car fixed and then let your carrier deal with the situation for subrogation purposes with the other party's insurance carrier. You can then sue the other party in small claims court for the $250.00 deductible that you will have paid out for your vehicle.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption