What to do if I was a passenger in a car and injured in an accident?

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was a passenger in a car and injured in an accident?

I was in a car accident as a passenger in a friends car. I was never contacted by her insurance, nor have I received a case number or her attorneys number. I know she is suing. At the scene of the accident, a police report was created which states how many passengers were with her. What actions can I take to assure myself in the case? I have medical expenses because of the accident as well as back pain.

Asked on August 8, 2012 under Personal Injury, California


Ganette Genetti / Ahluwalia Law Professional Corporation

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You should immediately contact a personal injury attorney to help you with your claim against the liable party.  You will have to take the initiative, and not wait on your friend.  You are entitled to your own attorney representation, and most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee, so you should not have any upfront costs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption