What are my rights if I was hurt at work?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I was hurt at work?

I was struck by a falling piece of debris while working at my desk. It turned out to be a 8 lb pound of steel it knocked me out giving me a concussion I have since struggled to recover also developed seizures that have not been controlled by meds. I’m concerned about my long term

affects. I’ve been out of work over 4 months and don’t know when I will be able return. The affects of actcident have been life changing so far.I’ve been focus on my recovery thus I haven’t thought about suing the company has been good to me over the years. I don’t want to lose my job. Do I have a case?

Asked on December 2, 2016 under Personal Injury, New York


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Since you were injured on the job, you have a workers' compensation claim.  Workers' compensation will compensate you for your medical bills, injury, and wage loss.
Your employer's human resources department should have the applicable documents for filing your workers' compensation claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption