I was hit and my insurance only wants to cover 50

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was hit and my insurance only wants to cover 50

I got T-boned at an uncontrolled
intersection driving with Lyft. The
said they can’t use my insurance
because I was using it for commercial
purposes which Lyft didn’t advice me.
Lyft has a 2500 deductible. I believe I
should not have been allowed to drive
without a commercial insurance.I would
rather buy commercial insurance rather
than deal with this headache.

Asked on March 27, 2017 under Accident Law, Washington


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It is not Lyft's (or any employer's) responsibility to make sure that you have commerical insurance, or even know the rules about commerical vs. non-commercial insurance: it is your responsibility know what insurance you need and, if you want it, to obtain it. Therefore, if you did not look into this and get the insurance you needed, you are liited to whatever coverage you are getting through Lyft.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption