What to do if I was going to swap motorcycles with a guy but changed my mind?

UPDATED: Dec 5, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 5, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was going to swap motorcycles with a guy but changed my mind?

Turns out that his bike dose not run. I did not know this; he told me it ran fine. He came and got my bike and dropped off his. I told him I was going to keep my title until I checked his bike out. he said OK. I do not want his bike and nothing has been signed. he is refusing to give me my bike back. can I go get my bike back or can I call the cops on him for them to go get it…or am I out of luck?

Asked on December 5, 2013 under Business Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Based upon the facts that you have written about there is no deal for the swapping of th two motorcyles because the one that you received did not work as represented by its owner. I would demand that return of your motorcyle in exchange for the return of yours. If that does not happen, small claims court seems to be your recourse.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption