What are my rights if I was fired for under ringing sales for a sum of $332?

UPDATED: Jan 31, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 31, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I was fired for under ringing sales for a sum of $332?

At the meeting when I was fired, the owner told me that if I admitted guilt and agreed to pay $10,000 by certified cashier check they would call it good. However, if I didn’t they would file crimanal charges with the police. I admitted nothing and said I needed a few days to think about it and left. I feel like Im being coerced into something not right. Is this not blackmail or extortion and should I contact the police and let them know?

Asked on January 31, 2014 under Criminal Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about you have a legitimate complaint with the Department of Labor. I suggest that you consult with a labor law attorney in your community to assist you in the matter. One can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption