What to do if I was convicted of a DUI 5 years ago but did not finish my substance abuse classes?

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was convicted of a DUI 5 years ago but did not finish my substance abuse classes?

I paid all fines and did my jail time but didn’t finish the program; I then moved out of the county and pushed it to the back burner. I have an FTA for this and I was wondering what I should do to before going to the court?

Asked on January 12, 2014 under Criminal Law, Arizona


Stan Helinski / McKinley Law Group

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Have a really good reason for not appearing and taking the class. In fact, if I were you--I would go take the class before going back to court.  You must have been on some probation, so the court can revoke and and send you back to jail--it sounds like you have a split sentence, so you probably already have time hanging.  Talk to a lawyer.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption