What to do if I was charged with breach of trust?

UPDATED: Feb 20, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 20, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was charged with breach of trust?

I had my first court appearance, and had a second one. The public defender had asked my former employer to submit more evidence, because what they had so far did not add up to the dollar amount they claimed. They had over a month to get something in and they did not. The public defender said they were going to ask the prosecutor to dismiss this, how long will I have to wait until I know something. Is there a limit on how long to turn evedince in?

Asked on February 20, 2013 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Yes, generally there is a time constraint but not necessarily on your employer.  The time constraint is imposed on the Prosecutor and their office to either indict or formally charge the defendant and bring the matter to a speedy trial.  Speak with your public defender.  The time is different under the Penal Code from state to state. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption