What to do if I was charged with an underage DWI even though my BAC was 0.00?

UPDATED: Dec 22, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 22, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was charged with an underage DWI even though my BAC was 0.00?

I did however admit to consuming a small amount of alcohol in my car 5 hours prior to driving. Can I still be convicted of the DWI or will the charges be dropped? Should I hire an attorney?

Asked on December 22, 2013 under Criminal Law, New Jersey


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You admited to drinking.  However, if your BAC was at 0.00 then you had nothing registering in your system and should not have been charged. At this point, for your future's sake, hire an attorney to a) attempt to get this dismissed and b) if no dismissal, to plea it down or seek alternative or delayed conviction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption