I was charged with a DUI and my license was recently revoked, how can I get it back?

UPDATED: Aug 27, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 27, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was charged with a DUI and my license was recently revoked, how can I get it back?

While going through the ASAP program I had a very difficult time. I will admit that I do have a drinking problem but I am a good citizen (hold a good job, etc.). Well I have had a difficult time completing all of my community service and I have failed some ETG’s (basically signed a waiver saying I couldn’t pass), however, I do not drink and drive any longer. Up until now, the judge in my county kept continuing my case allowing me to complete my requirements. At my last case, there was a new judge in town. He revoked my license. How do I get it back? This was my first offense.

Asked on August 27, 2011 Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

In all likelihood the reason why your driver's license was revoked by the last judge hearing your case resuling from an arrest for driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance is because you had yet to complete the requirements you were ordered to do as a result of your arrest after a prolonged period of time.

The new judge apparently was not going to be as patient with you as the prior one.

The way for you to get your driver's license reinstated is for you to complete all terms and conditions of your sentence for driving under the unfluence before your next court appearance and have written proof of this completion in hand when you show up.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption