What to do if I was arrested for shoplifting under $2,000?

UPDATED: Apr 14, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 14, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was arrested for shoplifting under $2,000?

Is there anyway to get the charges dropped?

Asked on April 14, 2013 under Criminal Law, Georgia


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello.  Sometimes charges are dropped.  It is obvious that you need private legal counsel and advice.  The attorney assisting you would study and review the full facts of the incident.  Perhaps video evidence exists.  Theft is a serious offense with consequences and repercussions that may negatively impact your life for years and years.  I urge you to seek private legal counsel with no delay.  If you were to confer with me, and depending on the full circumstances, it is likely that I would advise you to take many action steps regarding the situation aimed at improving outcome.  All the best.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption