What to do if I am 18 and was arrested for a minor in consumption with 5 other people?

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I am 18 and was arrested for a minor in consumption with 5 other people?

I blew a .021. I have been previously arrested as a juvenile for paraphernalia. I have court in 2 days and am moving in 8 days to another city to begin college. My main concern is that my license might be suspended. Is this possible? What are the possible outcomes? Should I get an attorney? Is there something I can mention to the judge or court appointed attorney that could help me?

Asked on August 7, 2012 under Criminal Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney about your criminal matter relating to alcohol. There is a very good possibility that since you are not at least twenty-one years of age that if you are convicted of the charge that you will lose your driver's license for at least one year.

If convicted, besides losing your driving privileges for at least one year, you will be fined, possibly jailed, attend classes regarding issues of illegal drinking and possibly have to do community service work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption