I was a passenger in a semi-public bus when we got into an accident, who is responsible for my medical expenses?

UPDATED: Jan 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was a passenger in a semi-public bus when we got into an accident, who is responsible for my medical expenses?

Asked on January 9, 2012 under Personal Injury, Maryland


Kelly Broadbent / Broadbent & Taylor

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You may have claims against the bus company and the other driver involved in the crash, depending on how the accident occurred.  Typically in Massachusetts, there is no fault insurance for Personal Injury protection that covers your medical bills.  This would be held by the bus company.  The PIP insurance covers the first $2000.00 of bills if you have health insurance and $8000.00 if you do not. 

You should consult with a personal injury attorney to make sure you recover the full amount you are entitled to.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption