I want to move out from my current house before end date.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I want to move out from my current house before end date.

In the agreement, I and my landlord made together, the end date is 3 months later but I
want to move out now even if I have to pay for a breach of contract. However, he said he
was going to lower my credit score. Does he have the right to affects my credit score?

P.S there is no word regarding the credit score in the agreement

Asked on April 9, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

No, he does not have the right to lower your credit score so long as you pay him *everything* you owe him. If your lease's end date is 3 months from now, you owe him three months of rent--you have to pay him through the end of the lease, unless he voluntarily agrees to accept less or your lease has some "early termination" clause letting you pay less. Otherwise, you'll have to pay him all the remaining rent; if you do, he cannot do anything legally to your credit, but if you fail to pay him all the money you owe him under the lease, he can report you for defaulting on your obligation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption