What would be the worst case scenario would be for a 2nd degree battery charge on a juvenile?

UPDATED: Feb 18, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 18, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What would be the worst case scenario would be for a 2nd degree battery charge on a juvenile?

I got court in 2 weeks and can’t stop worrying about it. It’s my first offense and I passed my drug tests. I was told that would help but I still worry. I want someone’s opinion on what the consequences would be so I know ahead of time.

Asked on February 18, 2013 under Criminal Law, Louisiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

With respect to a criminal conviction for a youth as to second degree battery, if there is a conviction, the yourth could spend up to 6 months in a juvenile detention center, be fined, ordered to do community service and attend anger management classes.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption