What to do about possible employee rights violations?

UPDATED: Aug 21, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 21, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about possible employee rights violations?

I have been denied personal time for family issues that was requested far in advance of the date; I was put on call for sick days and never had any days off; I was denied time with family on Christmas to work on-call hours. I was also forced into quitting my job as my former district manager said, ”If you don’t quit, then your life for this company will be made very very difficult, if not impossible”.

Asked on August 21, 2011 Indiana


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that your rights as an employee have been violated it is important that you speak with an employment attorney in your area as soon as you can.  This is to insure that if there is a case you can file it before the statute of limitations expires.  You can start exploring the possibility of violations by calling the EEOC in your area.  Indianan is one of those states that has an abundance of laws over and above the federal laws to protect employees from discrimination and wrongful termination.  You were forced to quit. You would not have left but for being threatened. That is tantamount to being fired.  Please seek legal help as soon as possible.  Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption