I want to fire my adjuster?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I want to fire my adjuster?

Our adjuster is an independent hired from another state. His second visit he did a sweep of property and damages. His estimate was a lowball estimate. Our contractor actually went in and did his job for him taking pics and writing an appendum to first quote. We are currently waiting on adjuster to get back with us. Its been several days. He has done this before with other things. We have been in the process of repairs since May 26th and are still in first stages of repairs. I want to get rid of the adjuster and get new to move forward. What are my options?

Asked on August 26, 2017 under Insurance Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Presumably the adjuster was not in fact hired by you, but by your insurer--that's how it usually works. Only the person who hired an adujster can fire him; you can't fire a contractor employed by your insurer. You can complain to the insurer, but they don't have to act on your complaint.
(If the adjuster was actually hired by you, you can fire him at any time, subject only to the terms of any contract between the two of you.)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption