What to do if I told my tenant who is moving out to expect showings every weekend but now she’s complaining?

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I told my tenant who is moving out to expect showings every weekend but now she’s complaining?

She’s moving out in less than 30 days and is complaining that a showing I have scheduled cannot procede today because I didn’t give her proper notice. I contend that I already gave her notice when I said to expect showings every weekend. Thoughts?

Asked on September 1, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Illinois


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I think that your statement may have been good advance warning that you intend to show the apartment but you need to give more specific information as to time, etc.  It may be a bit unreasonable to parade people through all day at different times.  Can you limit the broker to a specific time period?  Say 2 to 4?  As the tenant if that is a good block fo her. That might work a bit better.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption