I suffered hearing loss while working in the oilfield in 1973 to 1984

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I suffered hearing loss while working in the oilfield in 1973 to 1984

I was 19 years old when I took a job at Waukesha Pearce industries in Oklahoma
city in 1973. They did not provide hearing protection until I think 1975.I was
working on industrial equipment 110 db and more. Will I be able to file a claim
and collect?

Asked on July 26, 2019 under Personal Injury, Oklahoma


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

No, it is far too late to file a claim or take legal action, assuming we understand the timeline correctly. You took a job 46 years ago; you worked there for 11 years; that means you job ended 35 years ago. The statute of limitations, or time within which you must file a claim or lawsuit for an injury (including hearing loss), in Oklahoma is only 2 years. You are over three decades too late.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption