What are my rights if I slipped and fell on wet rubber mats while helping a store worker load them in my vehicle and was injured?

UPDATED: Dec 14, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 14, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I slipped and fell on wet rubber mats while helping a store worker load them in my vehicle and was injured?

I received a severe strain of my neck per a CT scan, the emergency room doctor and follow up diagnosis by a neurosurgeon. I suffer continued pain and inability to turn my head requiring further follow up by orthopedic surgeon. This has caused difficulty sleeping, headaches, difficulty in teaching my college courses ( turning head, looking at computer, overhead screen in class) that I did not anticipate at the time of the injury. My heath insurer has paid most of the fees. What recourse do I have for having the company pay anything else?

Asked on December 14, 2014 under Personal Injury, Virginia


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You have a slip-and-fall case against the store only if the store and/or its worker were negligent.  You have not alleged that the worker did anything wrong.  You should meet with a personal injury attorney to determine whether you have a claim.  The consultation should be free.  Personal injury attorneys generally don't charge you anything unless and until they recover for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption