What to do if I rented a vacation condo for 2 months but upon my arrival I discovered that the building is undergoing major construction?

UPDATED: Jan 13, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 13, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I rented a vacation condo for 2 months but upon my arrival I discovered that the building is undergoing major construction?

There is deafening jackhammering all day long and balconies and windows sealed off? I paid in advance and at the time there was construction on the hotel side of the bldg. In the contract was written, “If there is noisy construction at similar decibel level there will a 10% discount”. The decibel level is 10 times that and I just want my money back to pay for another place. The only response I get is that I will get deposit back after inspection walk through. They have almost $10,000 of my money. I am a senior here alone, on disability and this situation is wearing me down.

Asked on January 13, 2013 under Real Estate Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written under the laws of all states in this country you have the legal right to rescind (cancel) the contract and get what you paid to get. I would contact the person who you were dealing with when you went into contract demanding your money back due to breach of contract and follow up with a confirming writing.

Keep a copy of the writing for future use and need. If you do not get the desired response, contact a consumer law attorney to assist you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption