Can Imove out of stateifI recently was charged with a DUI even though I have not yet received my citation?

UPDATED: Mar 5, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 5, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can Imove out of stateifI recently was charged with a DUI even though I have not yet received my citation?

I was in a single car accident in which I went off the road. I was caught on a DUI with an alcohol level of 0.123. My company had previously arranged for me to move out of state for work purposes which is to start in about 2 weeks. Can I still make this move even though I have not got any citation from the police? I already have set up with the post office to forward all my mail to my new address.

Asked on March 5, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

At this point, if you have not gotten a citiation or been arraigned, you are free to move. By blowing a .12, in most cases you would have been arrested and given a court date to appear on the dui charge. But if this has not happened, I would pay close attention to your mail and be certaint to appear in court if and when the citiation arrives so no warrant will be issued against you for missing court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption