If I’m am an American citizen and Ii recently married a an EU citizen, what forms do we need to file?

UPDATED: Mar 14, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 14, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m am an American citizen and Ii recently married a an EU citizen, what forms do we need to file?

We have already filed I-130 form and have received a receipt number but we want him to obtain work authorization and we have heard cases where people file more than one forms concurrently. Which forms can we file all together?

Asked on March 14, 2013 under Immigration Law, New York


Gene Meltser, Esq. / BIRG & MELTSER

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

That is correct. All of the required forms should have been filed at the same time. We can still catch up and file for adjustment of status, which will in turn allow you to receive the employment authorization document (we need a separate form for that as well). Have you filed any additional forms along with that Alien Relative Petition or did you just file I-130 on its own? I would be glad to help you to catch up. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption