If I recently got a DUI with .10 BAC but had a prior Dui conviction 9 years ago, what can I expect when I go to court?

UPDATED: Aug 5, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 5, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I recently got a DUI with .10 BAC but had a prior Dui conviction 9 years ago, what can I expect when I go to court?

I finally completed all requirements and got my license back a year ago for the first DUI.

Asked on August 5, 2014 under Criminal Law, California


Theresa Langford / Theresa C. Langford, Attorney at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It is impossible to respond, without know the circumstances of the pending charge.  Every jurisdiction has different policy on plea bargain recommendations.  If you are charged as a 2d offense, Class A misdemeanor, and you plead guilty - the rec might be in the neighborhood of 2 years probation, 5-7 days jail, $1500 fine, and various classes and restrictions.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption