What to do if I received a second degree burn on an airplane by attempting to turn off the overhead light?

UPDATED: Oct 30, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 30, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I received a second degree burn on an airplane by attempting to turn off the overhead light?

When attempting to get help I was treated poorly. They where rude to me and my family and made me feel like I shouldn’t be complaining resulting in severe pain for a long time.

Asked on October 30, 2013 under Personal Injury, California


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You may have a claim against the airline for personal injury.  The problem is that your actual damages are probably very small, so it will be difficult for you to find an attorney willing to take the case on a contingency fee basis.  You may want to hire an attorney on a limited scope basis to just write a demand letter for you, in the hopes that the airline will settle.  Hopefully, you sought some medical care for your burn, and that bill will be the basis for your claim.  Then you can double or triple that amount to allow for pain and suffering.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption