i received a letter from the Ohio bmv random FR- I was not driving my car cause i lost my job will they suspend my liecense

UPDATED: Jun 5, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 5, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

i received a letter from the Ohio bmv random FR- I was not driving my car cause i lost my job will they suspend my liecense

I knew i couldnt afford ins so i parked my care legally in my apt complex I did not drive it will they accept this as exempt

Asked on June 5, 2009 under Insurance Law, Ohio


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Cars that are registered and have license plates are required to be insured.  You may need to turn in your plates so that your license is not suspended or obtain at leaset the minimum insurance allowed in Ohio.  If you are allowed to have a car in your apartment complex and have a space for it that is included in your rent (the apartment complex does not want to become a storage facility I am sure) you may want to ask about parking it there for the time being and getting a cover for it.  You don't want it to be seen as abandoned and possibly stolen.     

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption