What to do if I purchased a mobile home, then moved in, and was told by the park owners that I had 2days to get out?

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I purchased a mobile home, then moved in, and was told by the park owners that I had 2days to get out?

After purchasing the mobile home, I contacted the park and was told that the previous owners broke the rules as they did not have me complete a background check before purchase. I was told to contact the park manager to get this done ASAP and that everything would be fine. Then 5 minutes later, I got a call telling me to get out by the weekend or I would be arrested for trespassing. I have a few hours and no where to go and have no way to get a moving truck on such short notice

Asked on September 11, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately, it is you who is required to ensure that while you have all the necessary legal stuff out of the way and completed on the mobile home itself, you also need to do that with the rental piece of it since you do not own the land underneath the home. You can absolutely contact the proper authorities tomorrow morning (attorney general in your state) and ask if you can seek their immediate help in this matter. Since this is a mobile home and the landlords (park owner operators) appear to not be very helpful, you can pay to have the home moved to another park and sue the previous owners who sold you the mobile home for reimbursement of those expenses. Keep in mind this is not a quick or simple process but may be one of your only options at this point if the attorney general cannot change the landlords' minds.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption