Tenant rights with foreclosure of a condo

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Tenant rights with foreclosure of a condo

I own in high rise condo.  The developer is getting foreclosed on for the unsold units.  We have 30 day shut off notices from the utilities.  What are my rights as the owner developer owns 60%?  No unit has sold in over a year. The HOA is in debt $500,000 with multiple lawsuits against building and homeowners from contractors management company.

Asked on June 14, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Arizona


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Oh boy -- not sure.  You haven't given enough information but I can tell you it is not your home that is being foreclosed on.  What do you mean by tenant rights? Do you have a renter or something?

Try www.attorneypages.comand check his or her record at the Arizona State Bar.  I am unsure if you mean the development isn't complete or if you are behind on your HOA payments, etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption