If I own a condo, can I be forced to switch parking spots even though I legally own the spot and deed is in my name?

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I own a condo, can I be forced to switch parking spots even though I legally own the spot and deed is in my name?

Condo parking spot. Issue is that spot is listed as handicapped. I am legal owner of said spot and even pay separate property taxes for that specific lot.

Asked on January 12, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Oregon


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you are of record ownership of the parking spot via a grant deed as part of your ownership of the condominium, you cannot be forced to switch the parking spot by anyone for the simple fact that you are of record for it even it it is listed as  handicapped.

If the HOA is trying to make you switch spots and you do not want to, then you need to advise the HOA that you own the parking spot via a deed and it cannot force you to switch.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption