What can I do about an on-line company that has not sent me the product I have purchased or refunded me my money?

UPDATED: Mar 2, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 2, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do about an on-line company that has not sent me the product I have purchased or refunded me my money?

I bought a product on line 4 months ago from an internet based company it has taken too long for them to send the product out to me and about a month ago I asked for the order to be cancelled and send me the refund. I have yet to receive a refund from this company. They are not answering my calls or my emails. I tried going through my bank but time to file a claim has lapsed. What should I do to receive my money?

Asked on March 2, 2012 under Business Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately, your only real recourse would be to sue the company to get your money back (and possibly other compensation). This may, however, well not be worth it economically, especially if the company is not relatively local--if it's based near you, you could sue them in small claims court and represent yourself, but if they are in a different state, as a practical matter, you would most likely need an attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption