What should I do if my union employer has been 4 months behind on pension and union dues?

UPDATED: Apr 29, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do if my union employer has been 4 months behind on pension and union dues?

It has taken money out of wages to pay insurance but hasn’t paid the insurance company. I didn’t know this until we got bills from clinic that were not covered. My union knows but seems not to care.

Asked on April 29, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Minnesota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your union is taking money from your paycheck earmarked for pension, union and insurance dues where your insurance company has not been paid, you have the following options:

1. contact your local department of labor about the non-payment of your insurance premiums and the seemingly lack of concern by your union as to such. The department of labor is in charge of investigating such complaints.

2. contact an attorney that practices in the area of labor/employment law as to how you are having pay taken by your union from your check to pay for benefits but the union is not making the agreed upon and required payments such as medical insurance and the apparent lack of concern by your union as to such.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption