What should I do to with get my insurance claim paid it it’s been 4 months since I filed it?

UPDATED: Mar 24, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 24, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do to with get my insurance claim paid it it’s been 4 months since I filed it?

I met with an accident 4 months ago in a rental car.The rental car insurance company is delaying payments for the hospital claims and a lien is raised by hospital against me.

Asked on March 24, 2015 under Accident Law, New Jersey


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You can sue. If you were the one who rented the car and bought insurance, then you could try suing the insurer (also probably name the rental car company) for breach of contract--not honoring their oblitation to pay. If you were the victim of being hit by another person driving a rental car, then sue that person, if you think he/she was at fault. Only with a lawsuit can you force people to pay if they should, but fail to do so voluntarily.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption