If I’m divorced, how do I get a mobile home out of my name and into my ex-wife’s name?

UPDATED: Jul 14, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 14, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m divorced, how do I get a mobile home out of my name and into my ex-wife’s name?

While filling out divorce papers years back (that have since been filed and finalized) we did not include a new mobile home which is in my name only. Since she had no where to else to live, we agreed that she would live in it and keep up the payments, with the hope that when she established her credit she could get it put into her name. After a long time, she tried and was told she did not have credit established enough to purchase it. Now, after years, it is still in my name. She has paid every payment on time. I do not want the mobile home, nor anything else of hers. I just want it out of my name so it won’t show up on my credit.

Asked on July 14, 2015 under Business Law, Ohio


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You can sign a quitclaim deed which releases your entire right, title, and interest in the mobile home to your ex-wife.  The quitclaim deed is signed in the presence of a notary and becomes effective upon being filed with the County Recorder's Office.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption